Numpad - use your Android as a PC keyboard!
This program allows you to use your
Android-based handset as a "numpad" to your computer.
- Click the launch button:
- The program should open with Java Web Start. Your browser
should automatically prompt you to install
Java if not present.
- Purchase and install the
Numpad Wireless program.
- Connect your laptop and Android device are on the
- You should immediately see the Android device appear on your PC.
- To run this program on computer startup you will need
this JAR. On Windows, just
save that in your Startup folder. On Linux, execute the JAR
with java -jar
- Chrome no longer supports
Java Applets in the browser. As Java Applets are slowly getting
phased out from the web, I recommend most users download
Numpad_Applet_3.jar and execute it from
your hard disk.
- Recent Java vulnerabilities have led some people to
block the Java browser plug-in.
- Debugging information is provided in the PC
- Although unlikely, firewalls may interfere with this
application. The port used is 46020 on multicast IP
This application does itself not encrypt data.
I recommend against entering truly sensitive information on any
untrusted network - with anything!
Request support by e-mail
. I live in Hawaii, work
normal business hours, and speak only English. I try to answer
any questions or bugfixes on the same or next day.